In today’s society, many women find themselves wanting to connect with other women and grow in their faith. Bible studies are a great way to do that! They offer a chance to explore God’s Word together and learn from each other.
As women, we juggle numerous roles – from caring moms and loving spouses to dedicated professionals and supportive friends. Amidst life’s beautiful chaos, setting aside time for personal spiritual growth can prove challenging. That’s why I’ve put together a list of the most inspiring and transformative Bible studies tailored specifically to us, addressing the unique issues and concerns we encounter.
Whether you’re a seasoned Bible reader or new to this journey, come along with me as we discover the perfect study to nourish your soul, deepen your faith, and connect with a community of like-hearted women.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a small commission if you make a purchase through my link, at no additional cost to you.
- Bible Studies To Help You Grow In Faith
- What To Look For In A Women’s Bible Study
- Types Of Bible Studies For Women
- 25 Best Bible Studies for Women
- Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin
- Fresh Start for Moms by Valerie Woerner
- Seamless by Angie Smith
- Refreshed by Cleere Cherry Reaves
- Simply Tuesday by Emily P. Freeman
- Get Out of Your Head by Jennie Allen
- For Better or for Kids by Patrick and Ruth Schwenk
- Breaking the Fear Cycle by Maria Furlough
- A Confident Heart by Renee Swope
- Jesus Over Everything by Lisa Whittle
- Armor Of God by Priscilla Shirer
- Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst
- Esther: It’s Tough Being A Woman by Beth Moore
- He is Enough: Living in the Fullness of Jesus (Study of Colossians) by Asheritah Ciuciu
- Joshua: Winning the Worry Battle by Barb Roose
- The Faithful – Bible Study Book: Heroes of the Old Testament by Various Authors
- Awaken: 90 Days with the God Who Speaks by Priscilla Shirer
- Nehemiah: A Heart That Can Break by Kelly Minter
- Lies Women Believe by Nancy Demoss Wolgemuth
- Ecclesiastes: Wisdom For Living Well: An In-depth Bible Study by Courtney Joseph and Beverly Wise
- What Love Is: The Letters of 1, 2, 3 John by Kelly Minter
- His Last Words: What Jesus Taught and Prayed in His Final Hours by Kim Erickson
- Finding I AM by Lysa TerKeurst
- Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer
- Breaking Free by Beth Moore
Bible Studies To Help You Grow In Faith
Teaching different Bible study classes at my own church has been a tremendous blessing. It has allowed me to connect with some amazing women and grow together in our pursuit of God.
One thing I’ve learned on my own faith journey is that Bible studies play a crucial role in drawing us closer to God. When we set aside time to dive into His Word, we open ourselves up to His truth, love, and guidance. Through these studies, I’ve experienced moments of clarity, where God’s Word spoke directly to my heart, addressing the very struggles and questions I was wrestling with.
I have found inspiration in stories about struggle, resilience, and trust in God’s faithfulness. I also cherish the moments of community and connection that arise during group studies. There’s something beautiful about women coming together, sharing their thoughts, and praying for one another.
I encourage you to go all in on this journey of growth and intimacy with God. Whether you are a seasoned Bible reader or just beginning, there’s always something new to discover and apply to your life. Look for studies that address topics close to your heart and allow the Holy Spirit to guide you to the ones that will speak directly to your soul.
What To Look For In A Women’s Bible Study
With countless options available, finding the perfect study can be both exciting and overwhelming. There are several things you’ll want to consider when choosing the right study for you. I’m here to guide you through the process so that you can make the most out of your study time and grow closer to God.
- Biblical Accuracy: The foundation of any good Bible study is its adherence to the truth of God’s Word. Look for studies that stay faithful to Scripture and avoid any potential misinterpretations or biases. A study that relies on solid exegesis and contextual understanding will lead you closer to the heart of God.
- Relevance to Women: Seek a study that addresses the unique experiences and challenges women face in today’s world. Whether it’s motherhood, relationships, identity, or pursuing a career, finding a study that speaks to the issues close to your heart will provide more profound insights and application to your life.
- Clear Objectives: Before choosing a study, know what you want to achieve. Are you looking to deepen your knowledge of the Bible, strengthen your prayer life, or grow in a specific area of faith? Ensure that the study’s objectives align with your personal spiritual goals.
- Engaging and Interactive: A well-designed study will be engaging, encouraging active participation rather than passive reading. Look for studies that include discussion questions, reflections, and activities that prompt personal application.
- Balanced Theology: It’s essential to choose a study that maintains a balanced and well-rounded approach to theological concepts. Avoid studies that may lean too heavily into a single aspect of theology while neglecting others.
- Author’s Credibility: Research the author or organization behind the study. Ensure they have a solid reputation and align with your theological beliefs.
- Group or Individual Study: Decide if you prefer a study designed for group discussions and community involvement or one tailored for individual reflection and growth. Some studies can be adapted for both settings.
- Flexibility: Life can get busy, so look for a study that accommodates your schedule. Whether it’s a short daily study or a more extended weekly format, find one that fits into your routine.
- Positive Reviews: Read reviews or ask for recommendations from trusted friends or church members who have already gone through the study. Their insights can help you gauge its impact and suitability for you.
- Prayerful Consideration: Lastly, seek God’s guidance in your decision. Pray for wisdom and discernment, trusting that He will lead you to the study that best aligns with His plans for your spiritual growth.
Types Of Bible Studies For Women
There are several different types of Bible studies for women. Each type of Bible study offers unique benefits, and women can choose the one that resonates with their interests and spiritual needs.
Whether it’s exploring specific themes, learning from biblical characters, following a chronological narrative, diving into individual books, or uncovering the depths of the original languages, women have an array of opportunities to grow in faith and knowledge through these studies.
- Topical Studies: Topical Bible studies focus on exploring specific themes or subjects found throughout the Scriptures. These studies gather verses from various books of the Bible that relate to the chosen topic, allowing women to gain a comprehensive understanding of what the Bible says about a particular subject. Whether it’s love, forgiveness, prayer, or any other relevant topic, these studies provide a holistic view of God’s teachings and how they apply to our lives today.
- Character Studies: Character studies delve into the lives of various individuals in the Bible, allowing women to learn from their strengths, weaknesses, triumphs, and struggles. Through the examination of biblical characters like Esther, Ruth, Mary, or Deborah, women can draw inspiration from their faith journeys, discover valuable life lessons, and apply their experiences to their own walk with God.
- Chronological Studies: Chronological Bible studies take readers on a journey through the Scriptures in the order events occurred. Starting from Genesis and progressing to Revelation, these studies provide a historical and contextual understanding of God’s unfolding plan for humanity. Women engaging in chronological studies get a sense of the narrative flow of the Bible, witnessing God’s faithfulness throughout generations.
- Book Studies: Book studies concentrate on a specific book or portion of the Bible, allowing women to dive deeply into the nuances of the selected text. Whether it’s studying the Psalms for comfort, the Gospel of John for a deeper understanding of Jesus, or the book of James for practical Christian living, these studies provide a comprehensive grasp of the author’s intent and the timeless truths found within each book.
- Word Studies: Word studies focus on examining specific words or phrases in the original biblical languages (Hebrew and Greek). These studies enable women to gain a more profound appreciation of the original meanings and contexts of certain words, enriching their comprehension of biblical passages. By understanding the original intent behind specific words, women can gain fresh insights into the Word of God and apply its truths with greater clarity and accuracy.
25 Best Bible Studies for Women
Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin
Women of the Word helps you learn how to read the Bible in a way that will make more sense. I grew a lot in my understanding of how to God’s word and actually retain knowledge. Jen Wilkin guides women to become more effective and intentional in their personal Bible study. With a focus on biblical literacy and accurate interpretation, participants learn essential tools and principles to delve into the Scriptures with confidence and understanding.
This study equips women to ask the right questions, observe the text, interpret its meaning in context, and apply its truths to their lives. Through Jen Wilkin’s practical guidance, women are inspired to approach the Word of God with reverence and joy, deepening their relationship with God as they uncover the riches of His truth.
Fresh Start for Moms by Valerie Woerner
Through this study, moms discover the importance of finding moments of rest and quiet amidst the busyness of parenting, as well as practical tips to infuse their days with prayer and God’s Word. With a heartwarming approach, Valerie Woerner leads women towards a fresh perspective on motherhood, guiding them to embrace grace, let go of guilt, and experience the joy of God’s presence in their daily lives.
This study creates a safe space for moms to connect, share, and grow together, finding hope and renewed strength as they lean on God’s guidance and love in their journey of motherhood. If you are looking for a devotional that is uplifting, this book if perfect!
Seamless by Angie Smith
This study offers a comprehensive overview of the Bible’s overarching narrative, connecting the Old and New Testaments in a seamless, cohesive manner. Angie Smith helps women see the big picture of God’s redemptive plan, fostering a deeper appreciation for the unity and purpose of the Scriptures.
I never felt like it was a chore to do the study- I wanted to do it! I definitely recommend giving it a read if you want to understand the Bible as a whole and change the way you look at scripture.
Refreshed by Cleere Cherry Reaves
A 30-day in-depth devotional that offers a fresh perspective for a greater impact in the world around us. This study centers on the theme of finding spiritual refreshment through the Psalms. Cleere Cherry Reaves leads women on a journey of worship, prayer, and reflection, providing a much-needed pause for souls seeking rest in God’s presence.
Simply Tuesday by Emily P. Freeman
This study invites women to embrace the beauty of ordinary moments and find God in the midst of their everyday lives. Through gentle reflections and insights, participants discover the profound significance of slowing down and connecting with God in simplicity and authenticity.
Freeman helps you realize that Jesus lived the small moments well and that he is with us in the ordinary moments of life. This is a great read if you feel like you are struggling to find joy in the small stuff.
Get Out of Your Head by Jennie Allen
Addressing the battle of negative thoughts and anxiety, Jennie Allen’s study offers practical strategies to renew the mind and find freedom in Christ. Participants learn to confront toxic thought patterns, replace them with God’s truth, and experience the transformative power of a renewed perspective. I think all women can relate to the premise of this book and getting stuck in a spiral of thoughts that lead us in a negative direction.
For Better or for Kids by Patrick and Ruth Schwenk
This study is designed for couples, exploring the joys and challenges of parenting together. Patrick and Ruth Schwenk offer biblical wisdom, encouragement, and practical advice for navigating the parenting journey with unity, love, and faithfulness.
This is a great marriage study for those with children. The author focuses on how to build a God-centered marriage instead of a Child-centered or Me-centered marriage. It really helped me to find a new perspective on the challenges that come after having kids.
Breaking the Fear Cycle by Maria Furlough
With a focus on overcoming fear, this study empowers women to trust God’s promises and find peace amidst life’s uncertainties. Maria Furlough shares her personal journey of conquering fear, offering biblical insights and tools for women to break free from fear’s grip and walk in God’s courage.
Excellent book written by a friend of mine from our church. Fear and anxiety seem to be growing more and more in our society and Maria does a great job of showing how to overcome fear with good. She tells readers how to give our fears to God and trust in Him.
A Confident Heart by Renee Swope
In this study, Renee Swope addresses the struggles of insecurity and self-doubt, guiding women towards a deepened confidence in God’s love and purpose for their lives. With a mix of personal stories and biblical truths, this study encourages women to embrace their identity as cherished daughters of God.
Renee spoke at a women’s event we had for our church and it was so inspiring. In her book she digs deep to remind women to stop doubting themselves and to instead live confidently in God’s truth. She has a lot of amazing truths to share about who God says we are.
Jesus Over Everything by Lisa Whittle
Lisa Whittle’s study urges women to prioritize Jesus above all else, offering a fresh perspective on life and faith. By reevaluating their values and commitments, participants are encouraged to choose Jesus as the ultimate focus, guiding every aspect of their lives and relationships.
I chose this book for a Bible study class that I teach for my church. It applies to all women and is a very easy book to read and discuss.
Armor Of God by Priscilla Shirer
Based on the book of Ephesians, this study equips women with the spiritual armor needed to stand firm in the battles of life. Shirer guides participants through the essential pieces of the armor – truth, righteousness, peace, faith, salvation, and the Word of God. This study empowers women to grow in spiritual strength and confidently face challenges with the protection and power of God.
Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst
In this study, Lysa TerKeurst invites women to move beyond surface-level knowledge of the Bible and embrace a deeper, more intimate relationship with God. Through personal anecdotes and relatable insights, Lysa encourages women to let go of perfectionism and legalism, discovering the freedom and joy that come from truly knowing and applying God’s Word in their lives.
Esther: It’s Tough Being A Woman by Beth Moore
In this captivating study, Beth Moore dives into the book of Esther, a story of courage, faith, and divine providence. Through the life of Esther, women learn valuable lessons about obedience, trust, and how God can use ordinary individuals to accomplish extraordinary purposes.
He is Enough: Living in the Fullness of Jesus (Study of Colossians) by Asheritah Ciuciu
In this transformative study, Asheritah Ciuciu takes women through the book of Colossians, exploring the sufficiency and supremacy of Jesus Christ. Participants discover the fullness of Christ’s love, grace, and redemption, learning to find their identity and security in Him alone.
Through practical application and heartfelt reflections, this study empowers women to surrender their lives to Jesus and experience the freedom that comes from living in the abundance of His love.
Joshua: Winning the Worry Battle by Barb Roose
Drawing insights from the life of Joshua, Roose guides women in overcoming worry and anxiety through trust and faith in God. This study unpacks practical strategies for tackling worry and replacing it with faith, courage, and hope. Participants learn to face life’s uncertainties with confidence, knowing that God is in control and faithful to fulfill His promises.
The Faithful – Bible Study Book: Heroes of the Old Testament by Various Authors
In this inspiring study, women explore the lives of various Old Testament heroes, such as Noah, Abraham, and Moses, to uncover timeless lessons of faithfulness and obedience. This study celebrates the faith journey of these biblical characters and encourages women to draw inspiration from their unwavering trust in God, offering practical applications for modern-day discipleship.
Awaken: 90 Days with the God Who Speaks by Priscilla Shirer
Through 90 days of Scripture readings and reflections, this study draws women into a deeper relationship with God as they explore His Word. Awaken invites participants to listen to God’s voice, encounter His presence, and be transformed by His truth, fostering a daily habit of seeking and delighting in Him.
Nehemiah: A Heart That Can Break by Kelly Minter
In this study, Kelly Minter delves into the book of Nehemiah, showcasing the power of a heart that is sensitive to God’s leading and compassion for others. Participants learn valuable lessons on leadership, perseverance, and the beauty of surrendering to God’s plan for their lives.
Lies Women Believe by Nancy Demoss Wolgemuth
Addressing common lies that women often believe, this study challenges participants to confront distorted thinking with God’s unchanging truth. Nancy Demoss Wolgemuth empowers women to break free from harmful thought patterns, find healing in Christ, and live in the freedom of God’s love.
Ecclesiastes: Wisdom For Living Well: An In-depth Bible Study by Courtney Joseph and Beverly Wise
In this in-depth exploration of Ecclesiastes, Courtney Joseph and Beverly Wise lead women to discover timeless wisdom for living well in every season of life. This study provides a fresh perspective on finding purpose, joy, and contentment amidst life’s complexities. Participants are encouraged to seek true fulfillment in God, rather than in worldly pursuits, gaining practical insights for navigating life’s ups and downs with grace and wisdom.
What Love Is: The Letters of 1, 2, 3 John by Kelly Minter
Kelly Minter delves into the letters of John to explore the profound nature of God’s love for His children. This study delves into the concepts of love, obedience, and living out our faith in tangible ways. Women are challenged to embrace the transformative power of God’s love and extend it to others, growing in their understanding of what it means to be rooted in love.
His Last Words: What Jesus Taught and Prayed in His Final Hours by Kim Erickson
In this study, Erickson takes women on a journey through the final words of Jesus before His crucifixion. Through Jesus’ teachings and prayers, participants gain deep insights into His heart and purpose for His followers. This study offers a profound opportunity to draw near to Jesus, experiencing the depth of His love and the significance of His sacrifice on the cross.
Finding I AM by Lysa TerKeurst
Journey with Lysa TerKeurst to the seven “I AM” statements of Jesus in the Gospel of John. Through this study, women discover Jesus as the true source of satisfaction, provision, and purpose in their lives. Participants learn to root their identities in Christ, finding fulfillment and significance beyond the world’s fleeting offerings.
Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer
This study guides women to recognize God’s voice amidst the noise of daily life. Priscilla Shirer helps participants cultivate a deeper understanding of God’s Word, develop a sensitive ear to His leading, and grow in confidence to follow His direction for their lives.
Breaking Free by Beth Moore
In this powerful study, Beth Moore leads women through the book of Isaiah, exploring themes of freedom, deliverance, and God’s unfailing love. Through this journey, participants discover how to overcome strongholds and experience the abundant life God intends for His children.
Engaging with the Scriptures with an open heart and curious mind allows us to draw closer to God and discover His love, grace, and purpose for our lives. Each study on this list provides a unique opportunity for spiritual growth and a deeper understanding of God’s Word.
Whether we’re seeking to overcome fear, find rest, deepen our prayer life, or embrace our identity in Christ, there’s a study tailored to meet our needs. Investing in our spiritual growth through these Bible studies will lead us to a more profound connection with God and a stronger foundation for living out our faith.
Leave me a comment if you have any questions and be sure to let me know if you have any studies you’ve loved too.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.