Who is ready for some delicious bagels that are quick and easy to make?! These homemade bagels (no yeast) are amazing and only contain five ingredients. I’ve made them enough times to know what works, and what doesn’t, and I’m sharing all the details in today’s post!
I always thought making bagels would be very time consuming and require a lot of effort, but it turns out they can be super easy! I have made these for others and have shared the recipes with friends and everyone loves them 🙂
These are the exact ingredients I use, and if you’re wondering if it matters, the answer is YES. I used a different brand of flour and yogurt when I made these at my parents house and they did not turn out the same. I also tried using Chobani yogurt for a batch and they were extremely sticky. The yogurt I use is the off brand from Harris Teeter, but if you aren’t local, I would just start with something (not Chobani) and go from there to see what works.
Keep the flour handy! Don’t be afraid to continue sprinkling in more flour as you mold the dough into bagels. You don’t want the dough to be too sticky. After I combine all the ingredients, I break the dough into four equal sections and form my bagels, pinching the ends together.
Brush each bagel with a little bit of egg wash and then top with your favorite seasonings. We love Everything Bagel Seasoning the most, but I also like to make ones with asiago cheese, cinnamon sugar, and onion flakes. You can add whatever you like best!
You can bake these bagels in the oven or the air fryer. I’ve tried both methods, but I usually go with the oven because I like to make a few batches and I can only fit 4 bagels in the air fryer. I lay the bagels on parchment paper and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. If you want to use the air fryer, bake at 280 degrees for 15 minutes.
I usually top my bagel with plain cream cheese. Or when I have time, I like to make a breakfast sandwich by adding egg, cheese, and bacon. Yummy! You can refrigerate the bagels for 3-4 days after making. You can also freeze them, but I would cut in half first.
These bagels are truly easy to make and taste amazing! They also have about 10 grams of protein and are only around 150 calories. I’ve made them for friends, family, and the teachers at school and everyone loves them so much. They’ve become a breakfast staple in our house. Hopefully you will love them too! Let me know if you have any questions!
Homemade Bagels (No Yeast!)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 egg beaten
- optional toppings: everything bagel seasoning, asiago cheese, onion flakes, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add in yogurt and mix well with a fork.
- Lightly dust flour on a work surface and knead dough a few times. Sprinkle in more flour if dough is too sticky.
- Divide into 4 equal balls and roll into 3/4 inch thick ropes. Pinch together the ends to form bagels.
- Brush with egg wash and top with favorite seasoning.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. (If using the Air Fryer, bake at 280 degrees for 15 minutes.)
Related posts: Savory Quinoa Breakfast Bowl